Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me! Mondays


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
I am not married to a husband who sneaks "sugar" disguised as cereal into the house. Because, I am not trying to instil healthy eating habits in my son and I try to avoid bringing foods with processed sugar into the house. I mean brightly colored packets of "fruit loops" are not tempting to a four year old and I am not the mean mommy who has to say no to said child who begs to have just one serving a week. Said husband has not been taking said four year old out on father/son outings most Saturday mornings. I am not the slow mother who took a few months to finally wonder why said son seemed to be able to point out all the doughnut shops in my town. I mean, I had never taken him to one, but he is smart and all, so why would he not figure out what all the shops sell! When it finally dawned on me why he could point them all out, said husband did not sheepishly say he was only trying to continue a family tradition, because his father also took him and his siblings out for doughnuts on Saturday mornings. You know how sugar will turn a dull morning into a great opportunity to make lasting memories for a child. To try to forestall my mad woman dance and wild ululations from all the sugar damage my mind was conjuring, said husband did not tell me that plain doughnuts are not that bad. He did not get totally busted when son chimed in that his favorite doughnuts were chocolate or sprinkle ones! Even with my best efforts, said child does not have 4 cavities already. And I am not the mother who is second guessing the pediatric dentist who "discovered" the cavities and recommended a treatment plan calling for $800 in out of pocket expenses. I am not the mother who pounced on all the negative reviews of said dental practice to justify delaying shelling out this kind of money for baby teeth. I am not the mother who is getting a second opinion from my dentist because there is only one pediatric dentist in my dental plan in my area. I mean, my son's dental health should be my primary concern and $800 should be a small price to pay to ensure a good dental experience for my son in an office with all the bells and whistles for a youngster!

No comments: