Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I so am not the mom who was skipping pages of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" I mean, I have totally learnt the lesson about being a grinch after having read the book every night since Christmas at my son's request. I am not the mom who was being super hyper trying to distract her son, so that he would not realize his mom was skipping pages. I mean it would not have taken less time to actually read the whole book than the time taken to do silly distracting antics. I am also not the mom who got totally outsmarted by said son, when he took the book and pointed out all the pages I had skipped. And I had to re-read the book, yet again! Sigh!

I am so not the mom who is failing her four year old in his christian education. He tried convincing me that he put a rainbow up in the sky because he had painted a rainbow earlier in the day and later that evening saw a rainbow in the sky. My best attempts to explain how a rainbow forms and how it is a reminder of God's promise to us did not go in through one ear and out the next. Because said son was not excitedly telling his friends the following day how he had put a rainbow in the sky.

No comments: