Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me! Monday


It’s that time again to play along with MckMama on Not Me! Monday.

I so totally was not the dork who thought we would be taking a real train ride seeing the major attractions of San Francisco. I mean, when reading a quick description of the outing we were taking my son to, it is so easy to mistake a G-gauge train set complete with a first-class passenger train and a freight train for the real deal. Only I would actually imagine that there would be a train looping past ten of San Francisco's most famous places including the Conservatory of Flowers, the Japanese Tea Garden, the Golden Gate Bridge, Mission Dolores, Chinatown's dragon gate, the Transamerica Pyramid building, the Ferry Building, Coit Tower, Ghirardelli Square and the Bently Reserve (formerly the Federal Reserve Building). You know I am not that gullible even after having lived in this area for over a decade! I would so know that a train cannot access most of these places! I was not the dork making sure that her husband confirmed with the ticket agent that we would be going on the Golden Gate Express Train. And that said husband (born and raised in the area) did not sheepishly laugh saying he knew all along that we were going to see model trains!

Once I figured that we were only seeing model trains, I was not the crazy lady trying to get a four year old boy excited about the wonders of banana trees, coffee trees, orchids, water lilies and carnivorous plants. And I was not closely followed by a husband who was impatiently shepherding his family through the conservatory of flowers and into the special exhibit area to see the model trains. I mean we only arrived 2 hours before closing and said husband wanted to make sure that his son got a chance to see the model trains. Because you know how just long it takes to see models trains in a 25 by 15 feet room! And that was so not my husband trying to drag out the excitement for at least half an hour in the special exhibit room to justify the one hour trip we had just made, leaving a much larger model train exhibit 15 minutes from our house!
Thank goodness for small mercies because said son said he had a good day in “The City”.

No comments: